Apr 22, 2021
What do I need to actually balance? Why is balance so important?
How can we achieve more balance? Listen and find out.
A Happier Year is now available on AHappierYear.com!
Use the code “happycastlistener” at checkout for 10%
[01:00] A metaphor for balance
[02:23] Social relationships
[02:53] Mirror neurons
[03:53] Bowling et al., “What makes your life good?”
[06:13] Creating space for social relationships
[07:31] Meaning and passion
[15:41] Disconnecting from work
[18:50] Creating space
- Schnell, T. (2011). Individual differences in meaning-making:
Considering the variety of sources of meaning, their density and
diversity. Personality and Individual Differences, 51(5), 667-673.
- Uddin, L. Q., Iacoboni, M., Lange, C., & Keenan, J. P. (2007).
The self and social cognition: The role of cortical midline
structures and mirror neurons. Trends in Cognitive Sciences, 11(4),
- Kuroda, S., & Yamamoto, I. (2019). Why Do People Overwork at
the Risk of Impairing Mental. Journal of Happiness Studies, 20(5),
- SONNENTAG, S., & FRITZ, C. (2015). Recovery from job stress:
The stressor-detachment model as an integrative framework. Journal
of Organizational Behavior, 36(S1), S72-S103. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.1924
- Bridekirk, J., Turcotte, J., & Oddson, B. (2016). Harmonious
passions support cognitive resources. Motivation and Emotion,
40(4), 646–654. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11031-016-9561-y